Are you trying to find a private driving instructor in Singapore?
I have a recommendation for you – Sglearntodrive. You can contact them here. They are a specialized match up agency bringing private driving instructors and learner drivers together. Their instructors are very experienced with good track records.
Of course, there are other options out there. However, in my personal opinion, Sglearntodrive is one of the best out there.
Once you engage a driving instructor in Singapore, you are all set to go for driving lessons.
Here are some tips for you to maximize your learning during the driving lessons.
1. Make sure you have adequate rest the night before. You will need to be both physically and mentally sharp during the driving lessons. It will not only allows you to have a sharper sense of the surrounding, but it will also improve your performance and memory during the lessons.
2. Listen to everything your driving instructors have to say. The driving instructors are experienced and know what they are doing. They have an eye to notice your little flaws. Listen to everything they have got to say with regards to your driving skills. Do not take it personally. Improve on your highlighted weaknesses.
3. Do not be afraid to ask the driving instructors questions when you are unsure. If you have any queries in your mind, ask them straight away. You are paying for the instructor to remove all your driving flaws, and make you a better driver. It’s their job to answer all the questions regarding driving.
4. Plan for driving lessons on both dry and wet days. With current technologies, it is easy to forecast if it will be raining a week in advance. Remember to take some driving lessons when it’s raining too. This will give you some experience to drive on wet conditions. There is some chance where you will encounter a wet weather during your practical test too.
5. Be well versed in the theory aspects of driving before you attend the lessons. When you are knowledgeable in the theory aspects, you will what to look out for during the driving lessons. You will not need to spend as much time behind the wheels then. It will reduce the number of driving lessons needed. In essence, you are saving money.
It is easy to find a private driving instructor in Singapore. Many of them advertise their services through websites and newspapers.
With an internet access, you can head to any search engines and search for private driving instructors in Singapore. There should be at least 10 websites for your choosing.
Some of them even come up with their own dedicated Facebook Page to promote their private driving services.
Some tips before you decide on a private driving instructor:
1. Find out all the fees charged by the instructor. Make sure that you know all the hidden charges. Cost is always an important factor for all our purchases.
2. Find out more about the instructor’s reviews. Do other learners find him friendly and helpful?
3. Ask about the pick up and drop off location. Different instructors may choose different pick up points. The pick up point may be nearer to your location, and thus be more convenient for you.
There are three great reasons to choose private driving instructor over school driving instructor in Singapore.
1. Dedicated instructor and car
Private driving schools such as sglearntodrive.com offer dedicated instructors and cars to their private driving learners. Learning from the same instructor for all lessons allow the instructor to know each learners’strengths and weaknesses better. Moreover, learning in the same car will let the learner be more familiar and comfortable in handling the car, which can make a difference in the practical test. On the contrary, driving schools such as Ubi Comfortdelgo, Singapore Safety Driving School, and Bukit Batok Driving School offer their learners different instructors and cars for each lesson.
2. Lower Cost
If you pass all your theory tests and the traffic police practical test on your first tries, the cost will be significantly much lower if you engage a private driving instructor. The total cost of obtaining a driving license is estimated to be about $1,200 if you choose the private driving route. In comparison, the total cost can range between $2,000 to $2,500 if you choose a school driving instructor.
3. Faster process
Once again, assuming that if you pass all your theory tests and the traffic police practical test on your first tries, you can expect to get your driving license within 4 to 6 months if you choose the private driving route. On the other hand, it will take you 6 to 8 months to get that driving license if you choose to take the driving lessons in the driving schools. This is because the waiting time in between lessons is very long, sometimes leading to 2 weeks, in the driving schools. The root causes can be attributed to their low supply of driving instructors, and also to their minimum requirement of 20 lessons before learners can attempt the practical test. For private learners, there are no such requirements on the minimum lessons to take before practical test can be attempted.
These are the reasons why I chose to learn with private driving instructor. If you think that learning from driving schools are better instead, tell me why in the comments.
Are you thinking of getting your driving licence in Singapore? Are you aware of the costs involved to get the driving licence? If not, don’t worry! I am going to clear these doubts with this post.
Please see below a breakdown of the estimated cost of getting a driving licence in Singapore.
Theory tests (Basic Theory Test and Final Theory Test): $6.50 each
Practical test with the Traffic Police: $33
If you are registered as a learner with the driving schools
Enrollment fee: Range from $110 to $170
Driving lesson fee: Range from $75 to $88 for 120 minutes lesson (Lessons are usually 2 hours)
Practical test vehicle rental fee: About $160
If you are registered as a private learner
Enrollment fee for the theory tests: Range from $50 to $80
Driving lesson fee: Range from $30 to $40 for 60 minutes lesson (Lessons are usually either 60 minutes or 90 minutes)
Practical test vehicle rental fee: About $250
*School learners are required to take at least 20 lessons before they are allowed to go for the practical test with the traffic police.
**However, there are no such restrictions for the private learners. There are no minimum number of lessons the private learners are required to take before they can attempt the practical test.
*** You can refer to SSDC driving fee to substantiate my numbers provided above
Hence, with one glance, you can surely determine that the cost of getting a driving licence in Singapore is lower if you are a private learner.
Be prepared to fork out about $2,000 or $1,200 for school learners and private learners respectively to get your driving licence in Singapore.